The Rotterdam Convention Secretariat in FAO, in collaboration with the FAO Representation in Portugal.
- Reinforce Rotterdam Convention and its implementation (art 5, art 10, art 12, art 6);
- Build a Lusophone network at sub-regional level;
- Identify key actions on social and environmental impact of pesticide use and recommendations for Secretariat;
- Introduce possibilities to link normative work to field level work (non-chemical alternatives to pesticides, FFS- IPM);
- Building community based activities for collecting data on environmental and social impact of the use of pesticides.
Relevant stakeholders of Ministry of Environment, Agriculture, Health, NGOs and Designated National Authorities of the Rotterdam Convention from five Portuguese-speaking African countries: Angola, Cape Verde, Mozambique, Guinea Bissau and São Tomé and Principe.
Also, a representative of FAO sub-regional Office in Southern-Africa (FAO-SFS), the NGO PAN-UK, a delegate of the Ministry of Environment of Brazil, a representative of CPLP (Community of Portuguese-Speaking Countries).