The Secretariat has received a proposal for the inclusion in Annex III of the Convention of a severely hazardous pesticide formulation containing fenthion.
The Secretariat has verified that the proposal contains the information required by Part 1 of Annex IV of the Convention and a summary of the proposal was published in PIC Circular XXXVI of December 2012.
|Fenthion 640 ULV
|| 640 g/L
||Ultra low volume (ULV)
|| Human health
According to paragraph 3 of Article 6, the Secretariat shall collect additional information as set out in Part 2 of Annex IV of the Convention regarding the proposal, which includes:
- The physico-chemical, toxicological and ecotoxicological properties of the formulation;
- The existence of handling or applicator restrictions in other States;
- Information on incidents related to the formulation in other States;
- Information submitted by other Parties, international organizations, non-governmental organizations or other relevant sources, whether national or international;
- Risk and/or hazard evaluations, where available;
- Indications, if available, of the extent of use of the formulation, such as the number of registrations or production or sales quantity;
- Other formulations of the pesticide in question, and incidents, if any, relating to these formulations;
- Alternative pest‑control practices;
- Other information which the Chemical Review Committee may identify as relevant.
The Secretariat will forward the information received to the next meeting of the Chemical Review Committee, scheduled to be held from 21-25 October 2013.
The working language of the Committee is English, so information in English, or a focused summary in English of the information provided, would facilitate the work of the Committee.
Information is requested by 30 April 2013.
Information may be provided by e-mail, fax or mail to:
Attention: Ms. Stacie Johnston
Rotterdam Convention Secretariat
Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN
Viale delle Terme di Caracalla
00153 Rome, Italy
Fax: (+39) 06 5705 3224