The ninth meeting of the Chemical Review Committee (CRC) is open to open to observers in accordance with the Rules of Procedure of the Conference of the Parties and the terms of reference of the Chemical Review Committee.
(Paragraph 12 of CRC terms of reference; Rules of Procedure of the Conference of the Parties)
National or international, governmental or non-governmental bodies or agencies wishing to be represented by observers in the upcoming meeting should proceed as follows:
- Bodies or agencies that have already been admitted to attend, as observers, past meetings of the Conferences of the Parties to the Rotterdam Convention:
- 2. Bodies or agencies that have not previously attended a meeting of the Conferences of the Parties or of subsidiary bodies:
- Please apply for observer status. To apply for observer status, bodies and agencies need to fill in the application form and submit it to the Secretariat (email@example.com) no later than 25 August 2013. The following information should be provided with the application form:
- Information describing the body or agency;
- Information on the affiliation of the body or agency with non-governmental organizations or institutions;
- Information on the programmes and activities undertaken by the body or agency / its qualification in matters covered by the Rotterdam Convention;
- Description of any network or membership system.
This procedure does not apply to observers from Parties to the Rotterdam Convention; States not Party to the Rotterdam Convention; United Nations and its specialized agencies; the International Atomic Energy Agency:
- Upon confirmation by the Secretariat that the requesting body or agency appears to meet the relevant criteria, please fill-in and submit the completed registration form to Ms. Stéphanie Cadet, firstname.lastname@example.org before 30 August 2013.